Ok, here's a post for the photogs out there. This is the rig I decided to go with for my hiking trip to photograph the landslide project. Click here if you don't know what I'm talking about. It's super important that when you know a day of shooting will be a little out of the ordinary that you ask as many questions as possible so that you can as prepared as possible. For this specific photo task, I knew the following:
- I will be shooting both ground level and aerial shots, aerials from a helicopter.
- The location is only reachable by foot, requiring a 15-minute hike.
- The location will be focused around a giant landslide.
- My focus for ground level shots will be the people working in the environment.
- My focus while shooting from the air will be a mile-long landslide.